Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chicago Trip.....

Well, RJ and I just got home from Chicago and we are wiped......We missed our connecting flight in Salt Lake City last night and had to stay over in what we are humorously calling "The Bates Motel." Jack is still with my mom and has informed her that he does not want to come home...he did not even want to talk to me on the phone this morning.......I will be meeting my mom in Barstow in the morning and retrieve my little munchkin....I am thinking he may need to be tranquilized when I separate him from MeMe....

Our trip to Chicago was very nice...We went back to bury RJ's dad and I know RJ is happy to now have some closure...The service was very nice and I was great meeting all the people who loved RJ's dad...I especially enjoyed when a few of RJ's relatives that he has not seen in over 20 years asked if I was his daughter...I felt so young again...:)

After the services were over we spent the rest of the week hanging out with RJ's friends, family and exploring down town Chicago. I love downtown Chicago it is a beautiful clean city....my favorite part was eating lunch on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building....The view of the city was amazing!!! We did lots of shopping and walking and it was wonderful......

The humidity the first couple of days we were there was horrible...but it got better or maybe I began to get used to it....Here are some pics from our trip...I hope you enjoy.... :)


Self Portrait When We Arrived in Chicago......

With Good Friends Pete and Tammy At The Luncheon

After my Father in Laws Funeral....
RJ With His Daughter Michele at the Luncheon....
The Metra Train We Took To Downtown Chicago........
Self Portrait on the Train.....
RJ in Union Station
Look at what I saw....ahhh Jackson Blvd.....
On the Water Taxi to Michigan Ave......
View from the Taxi.....
More Views........
Just me with Ma and Pa....
Chicago......
View from the 95th floor.....
Another View.....
Sears Tower.....



Me and RJ with his adorable Aunt Helen......
Family Hanging out at Aunt Helen's House.......
Me,Helen,RJ, Auntie Chris, RJ's mom(Carol),Diana, Amanda....

No comments: