Monday, June 15, 2009

Seven Years.......



Today is our 7th wedding anniversary....it seems like just yesterday we said our I dos....It was such a fun laid back wedding exactly how we wanted, Remember? Our favorite part of the whole day was the ride from the church to my parent's house in Larry's 1920's hot rod....Jessica was in front of us honking her horn and clearing the way...Mikey was behind us with his hazards on because we were afraid to go to fast...That car can go really fast and get away from you....It was just so much fun being together and doing something totally different....waving to the onlookers and praying we wouldn't crash that spectacular car....We arrived at my parents house in one piece and enjoyed our very laid back but fun reception...The DJ played all the oldies that I like...the dance floor was packed with good friends and family..The food was prepared by some of our dearest friends and it was Yummy...Kids were running around playing football and enjoying all the animals..It was exactly how I imagined that day to be...RJ and I are not extravagant people so that reception was right up our alley..no worries just good ol' fun on the Fidler Ranch! We left the reception in a limo and headed to a condo on the beach..it was an unforgettable night!! Oh wait I was thinking of something else..I wouldn't know because I fell asleep about 20 minutes after we arrived..poor RJ spent his wedding night sitting on the deck listening to the ocean all alone...Sorry Honey....The next day we went back to my parent's house and were blessed to find many of our friends and family still there waiting for us..they wanted to watch us open all our gifts...What a fun afternoon...The next day we left for our honeymoon cruise to Mexico..Now this is where it gets funny..a little more interesting..RJ and I almost got a divorce on day three of our marriage...We got lost trying to find the port where our ship was leaving...anyway as most of you know I have a really good sense of direction so when I get lost I freak out! I can thank my mother for that...she is the same way..Well, RJ saw my dark side for the first time..I was flipping out!!! He was scared! We were both yelling and it was not pretty...I believe the word divorce got brought into the yelling match at least twice...I know, I know it is hard for you to imagine this since RJ and I never argue..well we did that day and it was bad! Happily we finally made it to the ship..and Psycho Michele was back to normal and all was good..Our cruise was amazing..even when we went snorkeling and RJ is screaming for help, "Michele I am drowning, HELP"..Folks it was in 2 feet of water..was it mean that I laughed at him??? It all turned out ok..seven years later we have this amazing little munchkin who is the joy of our life...we are just as happy as that wonderful day in 2002..can't wait to see what the next 7 years brings..

No comments: