Tuesday, January 6, 2009

What do you mean I am having a boy???

Nothing special going on today..Just wanted to write some funny tales about being pregnant with Jack..Before I had Jack, I secretly wanted a little girl..I always gave the speech "I just want a healthy baby"..But deep down I wanted a little girl..mainly because their clothes are so "freakn" cute, and I love doing their hair...So when we wanted to be surprised about the sex of the baby and the Ultrasound Tech blurted out "ooooo I see a little something, do you want to know the sex?" Then she caught her self and felt so bad.. oh a boy..I was thinking..RJ was grinning ear to ear..me? I pretended to be sooooo excited...But, I was thinking..A Stinky Boy!!! Ugh! Jessica was due to have her ultra sound a few days later..I was thinking to myself.."She better not be having a girl or I am going to freak out!" We will just trade babies? Maybe? Ok crazy hormones began to envelop me...She called and told us she was having a boy too.. Ok we could go shopping together and pick out the two cute boy outfits among the hundreds of cute girl outfits in all the stores...

Then...We began to eat like men..Oh no..The little boys inside us were taking over..One time RJ and Ian took us to Denny's RJ offered to get the check..on our way home to Vegas after lunch at Denny's RJ says, "Honey our lunch bill at Denny's was one hundred dollars..fifteen of it belonged to me and Ian the rest belonged to you girls!!!" One hundred dollars at Denny's? Another time Jessica and I went to Claim Jumpers..We ordered appetizers, salads, entrees and dessert...Do you know how much food that is at Claim Jumpers?...Enough to feed a small country I think...Ok I am not even joking about 45 minutes later we were at the mall...Guess What? We both had a double scoop ice cream cone!! My excuse for all the eating was the fact that I did not eat for the first 3 months of my pregnancy and I was making up for lost time...

So the idea of having a boy began to grow on me..And when my mom who was sooooo dissapointed that I was having a boy began to act like a crazy Grandma I began to feel sooo much better..I have a funny Grandma Story that Rj and love to tell to anyone who will listen..Those of you who know my mom know that she loves to spoil all her friends and family rotten...So imagine her first grandchild...We kept telling her she did not have to keep buying stuff, but she kept buying and buying..So one afternoon RJ and I are in California for my Shower..The doctor has told me that I will probably be on bed rest in the next 3 weeks and I will be missing Jessica's shower..so we are out shopping for Jessica..I tell my mom "We don't need anything else, and everything is gone off the registry, just shop for Jessica." Which she does..So I have to go to the Bathroom and I tell RJ to watch my mom..he has strict instructions not to let her shop for Jack..Well, I come back from the bathroom and RJ is yelling "She escaped"..He is beside himself looking for her..He even asks a sales person if they have seen her..I explain our story to the sales person..So over there radios they announce that their is an out of control Grandma on the loose shopping in the store..Thanks to the sales people we find her immediately..of course with a shopping cart full of stuff...Gotta love mom..AKA MeMe..

Just thought you might all like a little story to read in your spare time...hee hee.. I know you have so much time...I hope to write some other stories on here about being a mom of a boy...I know God wanted me to have a boy..Jack makes me soooo happy and he is so freakn' cute..

My sweet little boy being a boy...

No comments: