Thursday, January 8, 2009

More Tales From A Mom Raising A Boy.......

Jack and his worm Farm...



I have never had a girl...so I can only assume that it is a completely different experience raising a boy vs. raising a girl...Especially when your boy is "All Boy". At first I was not sure what to do with my "All Boy".....Sure there are the occasional times he dresses up in Cady's princess dresses or plays with Barbies...Now when I say play with Barbies..I mean completely strip them down naked and then put them in prison until Luke Skywalker or Obi Whan can rescue them....Then I began to realize.."Hello" I am not a girly girl...I would much rather be playing in the dirt, than having a tea party or shopping(yes for those of you who don't know..I hate shopping...)I realized that I was meant to have a boy.....I LOVE BOYS!!!!Jack and I love to do all the same things...(minus play with Star Wars characters all day every day). Jack and I are so much alike..It is funny how a little boy can be a little version of me....Jack and I always tease RJ about being a city boy..RJ hates getting dirty, would rather die that ride a horse or camp out in a tent...Jack and I could hike for days and explore the world around us...I love watching football with my boys and playing baseball with Jack...I love watching Jack discover new things and develop an interest in life..As much as my mom and I wanted that little girl we can't imagine not having Jack..He makes all of us laugh all time..And even though he does weird things like collect worms and store them in a cup..We all enjoy every minute of it...

FUNNY JACK STORY:
The day my parents arrived for Christmas, Jack was watching Spongebob Square Pants..My mom says to Jack, "Are You Spongebob?". Jack replies, "No MeMe I am Jack Bogan, Don't you remember?"

No comments: