Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A New Granny for Jack....



This cute little boy has a new Grandma, well kinda...We have made a family decision to take Jack out of pre-school.. His classroom is crowded and I don't think it is very structured anymore plus, RJ and I between the two of us spend approximately two hours a day on the road dropping him off and picking him from school...RJ has been taking him to school and 9 am (which is behind the MGM on the strip) and then driving home and then turning around and driving back to the Mirage at 1:15 for work..Then at 3:30 I drive down to the strip to pick him up, with traffic Jack and I don't get home until 5 pm....Way tooooo much time on the road..When we only need child care for two and half hours a day...

So Yesterday during our lunch duty I was telling my friend Jen about all the driving and how I have just become disappointed in the program Jack is in. As I became teary eyed and told her how much I wished my mom lived here in Vegas, (My mom would love to have Jack for a couple of hours a day and help us out). She chimes in and says, "My mom would love to take care of Jack" So starting Tuesday Jack is going to have a new Babysitter..Her grand kids call her Omi so Jack is going to call her that too. We are excited because our child care bill is going to be cut in half! The best part is Omi, lives right behind my school. Rj and I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends that look after us..I was a little worried about Jack not getting all the pre-school activities. His teacher has told us that he his more than ready for Kindergarten. So I am just going to work with him at home to make sure he doesn't forget anything before September.

1 comment:

CC's Blog said...

What a true blessing for you guys. I am sure you will pick up any "pre-school" pieces needed.