Saturday, September 19, 2009

Room Mother...I mean Room Dad....

Since I work all day everyday and Jack and I are on the same track...I am unable to be his room mother....Sure I watch Jack's class for a minute or two while his teacher runs to the restroom,etc...I am also in his room a lot borrowing stuff, asking a million questions about Kindergarten and just basically trying to get used to teaching a room full of 5 year olds....I feel blessed to be in the room across from Jack...I love spying on him...However, I don't really get a chance to go in and volunteer and be room mom....so Mrs. Coltharp and I enlisted RJ to be Room Dad......Yesterday was his first official day as Room Dad! He will normally be volunteering on Monday's but since Mrs. Coltharp's aid was out, he came yesterday morning, until he left and went to work at 1:00 p.m. He did such a good job..and when I peaked in to see how he was doing I was amazed...He was helping all the little children at their center do a sequencing activity..lots of glueing and pasting involved...he didn't yell or freak out after having to repeat the directions 500 times...so proud of him!!! Any way I really enjoyed having my whole family at school with me....What a joy! Can't wait until RJ comes back next Monday...I think Mrs. Coltharp mentioned something about painting.........

Here is a picture of RJ before going into Jack's classroom...doesnt' he look thrilled!! :)




No comments: